[OM] Re: I take it back! I take it back!

Subject: [OM] Re: I take it back! I take it back!
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:09:30 -0500
At 05:01 PM 3/10/2006 +0000, Walt wrote:
>Like all those scene settings, none of which I will ever use.  In fact, like
>with the E-1, except for an occasional move to "M" or "S," the mode dial might
>as well be epoxied on "A."

Does the mode dial lock like it does on the E-1? I liked that feature. Nothing
worse than pulling the camera out of the bag and have the mode dial changed.

>Two more tiny gripes -- nos. 3 and 4, I suppose -- and then I'm through until
>I have some real information and evaluation to post:  (3) No remote release
>connection, the wired kind, and (2) no dedicated DOF preview button.

Does it have the IR remote release like the E-1. I hate fumbling with wires
and cables hanging off the camera when I'm doing macro. The E-1 IR release
transmits no cable vibrations either, but you do have to stick your hand part
way in front of the camera. Probably my biggest gripe with the 5D, no IR
release.

Wayne