[OM] Re: It's happened. I've relented.

Subject: [OM] Re: It's happened. I've relented.
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:35:00 +1100
At 01:46 PM 14/03/2006 -0500, Wayne S. wrote:
>...Also I think some people
>are designing nanotech dust mites that periodically go out and
>clean the sensors:
>
>http://www.aaaai.org/images/photolibrary/bw-dustmite2.jpg
>
>They have special fresnel shells to appear invisible if they happen
>to be wondering the sensor when a picture is being taken. And special
>feet designed to use the anti-alias grating to traverse the sensor.
>Just notice the minimal shadow cast by this experimental prototype
>shows how effective the fresnel shell is.

Eh, these nanotech dust mites are nuthin' new.  Years ago I had a family of
these living in the pentaprism of an OM-1.  Every now and again I'd be
looking through the VF and one or two would be wandering across the
screen.  Which made it hard to focus if you suffer from arachnophobia like
I do.

But these little buggers are effective, I never had a dirty sensor.

Andrew McPhee
http://www.dev-stop-fix.com/