[OM] Scanning help

Subject: [OM] Scanning help
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:31:41 EDT
Guess I should use this thing more often, however I'm trying to scan a  color
negative with my Epson 3200 Photo scanner.  I've taken the white  slide out
of the top, have the document type as transparency, film type as color
negative, image type I've tried 48 bit, 24 bit and color smoothing, scan
quality  is
Best, resolution at 300 dpi, saving it as a Tiff.  And what I get is  nothing
(a purple blob, where the holder is and a black mass where the negative  is.
I'm sure it is simple, but I need some help.  Bill  Barber