[OM] Re: Still cool, but the funk lingers

Subject: [OM] Re: Still cool, but the funk lingers
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 13:36:03 -0700 (PDT)
> I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to make that sound like some great
> tragedy.  I'd love to tag along, but I'd just slow you down.
> I can walk about as far as I really want to go if I can choose
> my own speed and stop often, which would totally annoy the
> enthusiastic.

Well, you could always rent a canoe.  :)

My wife doesn't like the idea of my going solo while hiking in
the boonies with the possibility of turning an ankle or what
not.  She's pretty well accepted the fact I'll end up going by
myself this time, but she ain't happy.  Sure, I wouldn't mind
having a hiking partner, but as a scouting trip I'm going to be
going at a pretty tough pace.  Yes, I'm travelling
light--probably an OM body with the 35/2.8 and 100/2.8 and the
A1. Munchies won't be too bad, though.  I've been experimenting
with all sorts of cool things that pack pretty well.  Unless I
pack a sterno, it'll be eaten cold.  I've gotten "soft" in my
old age--I like it either hot or good-tasting.  Cold and yucky
doesn't cut it anymore.  But I'd rather eat cold and edible than
lug an additional 30 pounds on my body for a week.  I'll save
that nonesense for September when everybody gets to eat hot
editable food.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com