[OM] Re: OT computer advice needed

Subject: [OM] Re: OT computer advice needed
From: Robert McFetridge <rmcfet@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 11:08:06 -0400
Fernando
There is some logic in teaching Linux. A number of countries in South
America as well as China are on the edge of formally switching to Linux
as their 'official' system in government. This will have a significant
local and regional impact in the coming years.
Yes I am sympathetic with your concerns over cost of computers. In fact
I carried some equipment to Bolivia for the same reasons you are asking
of your friend in CT. My brother-in-law gets his equipment brought down
either by one of his sons or colleagues who live here in Canada.
Too bad the Mac mini is a problem to acquire it is a very nice
computer. Its about $650 in Canada which is a bit over 500USD.
GIMP and GIMPshop are quite programmes once you start building
familiarity but my preferred software is Elements as it is simpler than
Photoshop, 1/8th the price and does 90% of what photoshop does. And it
is a native Mac software.
I wish you luck in your search
Bob