[OM] Re: Auto-S meaning?

Subject: [OM] Re: Auto-S meaning?
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:18:04 -0700

>> I can't imagine why Oly felt it was necessary to so mark
>> those lenses. I mean, what benefit would the average - heck
>> any! - photographer get from
>> knowing Olympus considered their 50mm a Standard lens?
>>
>> Must be some nuance that escapes me!  <g>
>>

>Me too !
>
>...Wayne

In the ESIF it lists the 50mm Macros as standard lens.  When you look at the
lens itself (well my 50 f3.5) it states Auto Macro.  So maybe it was just a
standards thing and you had to put down something.  If they hadn't put
anything on the "standard" lens, we would suspect a Da Vinci Code
conspiracy.

If you were using a lens that was less than 50mm was it sub-standard?  Ain't
it great that we have the free time to ponder these things?

Jay