[OM] Re: Zuiko trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko trip
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 18:36:01 -0500
> Must bring: Z. 50-250 for hiking  (thanks Jeff)
>                      50 3.5 macro and assorted macro do-dads
>                       Tamron 80-200 (can I really leave it home?)
>                      Tamron 35-105 on Min and Sigma 30-70
>                      Zuiko  35 shift
>                        Z. 50 f1.4
>                      Zuiko 24/f2.8
>
> With flash stuff/tripod  I will never fit this in  lowepro minitrekkar.

As we used to say in college, no s**T, Sherlock. Now I know you're younger,
stronger, and more healthy than I. What I have is years of experience. Can
you really leave the Tamron home? Damn straight! the 50-250 was one of
Maitani's favorite lenses for just this purpose, so depend on it. Will you
really use the macro? Some do a lot of macro shooting, so that might stay,
depending. The 35 shift? Again, that requires special subjects, not to
mention a tripod, which I don't like to travel with. Consider it carefully.
the fast 50 may prove useful, as will the 24/2.8. An alternative, just take
the  50-250, a 28-48, and a fast whatever. Light and easy, and more room for
liquor.

With the minolta, I'm not sure why two lenses with mostly overlapping FL's.

As for flash stuff and tripod, how much will you use either? Bears
consideration.

As you approach my age, you will consider kit size more carefully. In my
twenties, I took two nikon F's and lots of lenses. Ugh!!!

Bill Pearce.