[OM] Re: Eeeek! [OT, but not as far nor as boring as macbooks and the s

Subject: [OM] Re: Eeeek! [OT, but not as far nor as boring as macbooks and the sports thread]
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 21:52:47 +1000
> Moose wrote:
> [<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/SpiderRed.htm>]
> Hard to be sure with no size reference. By memory, 2-3 inches
> across the legs, but the body isn't particularly large, maybe
> half an inch long?. I just saw it hanging out on the side of
> a building in Puerto Vallerta and took a quick snap with the F10.

He looks like similar to what we down here call a Huntsman. The
Huntsmans are the ones I mentioned once before that we use to
keep in our lunchboxes when we were kids, and play with during
recess and lunch. They were probably about four inches across
mostly when fully grown - meaning we rarely saw larger - though
obviously we saw a lot in the 2-3 inch range (though we'd never
take such a tidgy one to school. How embarrassing?! ;-) ) However,
the one we saw at mum's one Christmas was at least 6" across, and
crunched like a crab (killed not by my choice). They're natural
habit seems to be banana palms, large trees, and bedroom ceilings
directly over the softest landing (that is, your pillow). Pretty
things, like a wolf with an exoskeleton, unlike funnel-webs which
have more of that HR Giger (sp?) mechanical, dark morbidity about
them.

Personally, I'm more of a dog person now. :-)

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz