[OM] Re: Who needs still cameras?

Subject: [OM] Re: Who needs still cameras?
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:56:42 +0000
Having spent hundreds of hours shooting news film with a 16mm Bell & Howell
70HR at 24 frames per second and 50-plus years shooting stills, I say there is
no contest as to which is easier.  All the pixels in the world and all the
cropping the best editor can do can't bring out the unplanned, unexpected,
unanticipated, thus also unphotographed, moment that the continuous stream of
motion picture film or video captures.  Sometimes you even see stuff later you
missed at the time -- especially if you're being shot at or something blows up
50 feet away.  Even news photogs blink and hide sometimes. I can still hit the
ground and whimper as good as anybody. :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --