[OM] Re: seeking advice for new web-site-blog

Subject: [OM] Re: seeking advice for new web-site-blog
From: "Christos Stavrou" <christos.stavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 22:33:13 +0100
Thank you very much guys!

I just came in, after strolling around the neighborhood.. you know we
had an unbelievable sunset today that turned everything here, and all
the red-brick houses as well, into purple mosaics!

So unlucky that I didn't have my camera.. typical!... And all that as
I was contemplatimg about Garry Winograd's technique, who was roaming
the streets with a prefocused wide-angle lens and let his camera do
the framing, combining photojournalism with personal perspective..
Amazing!

Well, if anything, the seeds of photography are growing deep now.. I
think I must look for ways to develop them.. Do photographers need
first to study their subject, and climb up the ladder of
self-expression, or just meet the right people and jobs at the right
time?.. Hmm..
(Where is this ladder anyway?)

Besides all that, I bought some fruit from a local Pakistani shop,
almost the only open shop at Sunday and certainly the only one which
uses the front space by the road to spread its pacthes of colourful
fruit.. The owner was wonderful, he offered me half mango who said was
coming from his original region back home. It's great to rediscover
these moments. The particular community have suffered huge injustice
after the London bombings.

So.. as you realise, no I haven't check the links yet, but I'm really
happy to have found some initial threads to start.. thanks for
sharing.

See you soon
Christos