[OM] Re: Hijack...Re: New Portra pro film line from Koduck

Subject: [OM] Re: Hijack...Re: New Portra pro film line from Koduck
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:39:39 -0700
The point I was making though, was that you could get out the D-Lux 2 or 3
when you were outside and the light was contrasty, at which times, according
to Sean Reid (in his reidreviews,com review) and Micheal Reichman (on
Luminous Landscape) it produces wonderful photos, and when you duck inside
or it gets dark, reach into your bag for the F30. Kinda like switching film
as the day changes. You use each for the thing it does best. I have a
feeling I'd really dig the 16:9 format.

Of course, ideally, I'd like a noiseless 10mp sensor in a camera with a
Leica lens with the control interface of the GR-D. The curse of being a
designer--it's hard to be satisfied because you can see _exactly_ how you'd
do it if you were designing the camera yourself.....;-)

But have a look at the performance proofs on the L*ica website:
<http://www.leica-camera.us/service/downloads/compact_cameras/d-lux_2/index.
html> Look at them at 100%. Pretty nice. Of course, shot in the most ideal
of circumstances I'm sure, but shows what is possible.

But I'm with Bill. I'm setting aside my DSLR research for six months or so.
See what falls out. Maybe like AG I'll spend some cash on a good scanner,
and see where that goes.

Rob in Seattle