[OM] Re: Question about EV compensation of flash

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about EV compensation of flash
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:58:25 -0400
Or get closer.  Decreasing your distance by dividing by the square root
of 2 (1.4) will increase the exposure by one stop.  Dividing by 2 will
increase 2 stops.

For example, if your original distance is 10 feet from the subject,
reducing the distance to 10/1.4 = 7 feet will increase one stop.
Reducing to 5 feet will increase 2 stops.

Chuck Norcutt