[OM] Re: OM-4T also Ti ?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4T also Ti ?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:14:40 -0400
Yes, Ti was the international version which Oly USA wanted identified to
be able to combat gray market cameras.  But eventually the T labeled
tops ran out and they switched to the Ti labeled tops rather than
produce more.  So, if you have a 4Ti that you know was sold in the US
about all you can say is that it was made later than the T versions or
possibly had its top replaced during a repair.

And, yes, T or Ti stands for titanium.  The top and bottom plates are
made of titanium as are the top and bottom plates of the 3Ti.

Chuck Norcutt