[OM] Re: Another scanner question

Subject: [OM] Re: Another scanner question
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:57:00 +0000
Ah that would maybe explain the small glitch in my negative scanner. Around
the top third of a frame is shifted a couple of pixels to the right - just
enough to be readily noticeble in most shots by most people even if just a
small shift. It's easily fixed in any paint package but is a bind having to
do it. I had put it down to maybe a worn cog or vibratiion (it does,
surprisingly, make a bit of a racket).
Itr sometimes gets the colours wrong too in some frames and is fine in
others - despite coming of the same negative. Weird.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Re: Another scanner question
>Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 06:28:23 -0500
>
>I was going to suggest the same if you're running XP.  Microsoft has
>denigrated SCSI in Win 2000 and XP and doesn't give it full and proper
>support.  You need to get the ASPI driver from the folks who actually
>care about SCSI to make all well.
>
>Chuck Norcutt
>
>Moose wrote:
>
> > Mike wrote:
> >
> >>I've been having trouble with the SCSI interface on my new computer. I
> >>moved the Adaptec AHA2940W adapter to this computer and it seems to be
> >>functioning correctly. Problem is the scanner randomly quits in the
> >>middle of a scan much of the time. Ed Hamrick says that according to the
> >>log file, "The scanner is transferring data normally at 2000 dpi, and
> >>then suddenly the SCSI request for another 6 lines of data fails."
> >>Anyone have any idea as to what would cause this behavior? Obviously not
> >>a Vuescan problem but some kind of hardware issue. This setup worked on
> >>the old W98 box without a problem.
> >>

> > When I moved a SCSI scanner and card from a W98 machine to XP, I had to
> > install the ASPI interface/driver/whatever from Adaptec. Trying to find
> > a card specific driver was a big waste of time.
> >
> > Moose

> > List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> > List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!