[OM] Re: [Photo] Your comments would be appreciated

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] Your comments would be appreciated
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:38:44 -0800
James Howe wrote:
> Thanks to you (and Chuck as well) for doing this.
Glad you enjoyed it!
> I really hadn't noticed the barrel distortion before, but it sure makes a
> difference when its gone.

The other linear distortion sort of visually masks it. Once that is
straightened out, the bowed lines, especially of the roof, are pretty
obvious.Switching the barrel correction in and out sort of does weird
things to my stomach. :-)
> Overall I haven't been too thrilled with the 14-45mm kit lens that came with
> the E-500.
That's funny! I had no idea what this image was taken with, so I just
looked at it in PTLens with a few different lenses chosen until it
looked pretty good. And the oen I chose is for the lens you used.
> I hope to upgrade to the 14-54.

Not worth it if just for the linear distortion. PTLens is dirt cheap and
does a great job in moments.

Moose