[OM] Re: What is CA?

Subject: [OM] Re: What is CA?
From: DACattani@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 00:05:44 EST

In a message dated 12/7/2006 8:59:02 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
olymoose@xxxxxxxxx writes:

In this  context, IS means Image Stabilization, which is Canon's term and
has  become the generic reference term as well.

Yes, I think I used the term "IS" in a generic fashion, subconsciously I
might add. I just didn't want to try to type out "imij stabelizashun," end up
with a spelling error, and risk getting scolded by the language police. Or
worse
 yet, the abbreviation police. Oh well...  :-)

All I know, is when I backpack, and I really don't want to  lug around
several pounds of tripod, the IS seems to be enormously  beneficial.

As I mentioned, I always take a macro, and I love the OM Zuiko 50/2. Seems
to be the right focal length on a 1.6X Cranon. It doesn't quite get 1:1, but
close enough.

Now a question.... This might have been covered by the list previously, but
has anyone run across a report that compares lens IS vs. sensor IS techniques?
 My gut tells me that the lens technique is probably better, but I don't know
why  I think that way. Maybe more reliable? Maybe better control of focus?
Maybe  they're both "best", in different ways. Hmmm...

Dave in Denver