[OM] Re: Program

Subject: [OM] Re: Program
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 06:14:03 +0000
It's not a commercial venture - was something for me and whoever else would
like a copy.
The import/export function is a good idea. I can easily make it export (and
import) comma or tab delineated fields as pure ASCII text. VB can work with
a wide variety of database formats - DBASE, PARADOX, ACCESS (of course),
SQL, etc. If need be, I can open any data file in binary mode and read each
byte - even if I interpret what's there.
Anyways, bedtime here!
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Re: Program
>Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 22:07:00 -0800
>
>Allan Mee wrote:
> > You can see a screenshot of the photograph database I'm writing in VB 6
>at:
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/18334957@N00/319131687/
> >
>If you are serious about this as a commercial venture, you should look
>into building in an import function for the databases in existing
>products. That might even affect your choice of database fields.
>
>One thing that has kept me from choosing such an app and using it is the
>time and effort needed to import and categorize existing images. The
>great strength of those programs is in the ability to find images by
>multiple criteria. For example, the search "turkey vulture, 2004, 300D"
>would have saved me time a few days ago.
>
>Here are a couple of results that search would have turned up
><http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/FilmvsDigi/FvD03.htm> &
><http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/FilmvsDigi/FvD04.htm>.
>
>The fear of having to do it over again if the app I choose doesn't
>please me is very great. Instead, I rummage around in my digital
>shoeboxes. :-)
>
>Do you need a beta tester?
>
>By the way, if you need more incentive to see what the 300D can do, all
>the images in the first section, all in the first two pages in the
>second and all in the third of this gallery were taken with the 300D
><http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/FilmvsDigi/FvD04.htm>. Get to snapping!
>
>Moose

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Find Singles In Your Area Now With Match.com! msnuk.match.com