[OM] Re: PTLens image adjusting software

Subject: [OM] Re: PTLens image adjusting software
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 22:29:04 -0800
Allan Mee wrote:
> Thanks Moose.
> Next year I think Ill buy a flatbed scanner and just scan the prints
No! NO! Most likely worse that what you are getting when compared to
what is on film. Here's an example I did some time ago when I had a 2700
dpi scanner. The print scanned is a Kodak Royal print from a real photo
shop, not drugstore processing. Still, it is WAY poorer than the film scan.

Flatbed, yes, but scan the original film, not prints. Should be faster
anyway, as many frames of film can be scanned in one pass.
>  - or
> have a local photo shop put the photos put onto photo-cds.

Do serious testing first. Many are pretty poor, clipping highlights and
shadows badly.
> I did notice that my camedia has a tendency to err on the side of
> over-exposure at times. But, despite being only a 2MP camera, it is capable
> of taking some great photos at times. Being a point and shoot, there's not a
> lot one can adjust on it.

EV adjustment. My S110 2mp lived at -2/3 EV most of the time. As does my
current 6mp F30. As I posted the other day, 2mp is plenty for many shots
unless blowing them up over 8x10.

Moose