[OM] Re: OM Zuiko 500/8 on E-1

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Zuiko 500/8 on E-1
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:42:45 +1300
Thanks everybody for looking at the birds, and your comments.

I know I can do better; this was just a try at some local residents. I've
learned a bit along the way already.

A good part of the reason I was having trouble focusing, as I discovered
today, 2 days later, is that I had altered the diopter setting on the camera
:-((

Nevertheless, if somebody could point me to what to look for on OBoy (or
anywhere) for a E-thingies version of the OM varimagnifier, I'll be most
grateful.

I've never noticed one even though I have a couple of Oly-related searches
running all the time.

I just tried my varimagnifier on the E-1 and some modifications are needed to
get good focus and a working attachment. I don't think I will go down that
road.

And yes, the 500/8 I bought was advertised as having a haze over a rear lens
element. It's on the front of the thick rear lens element. Or the rear of it.
http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/esif/om-sif/lensgroup/500mmf8.htm

Having talked to my repairman who told me the tolerances on that lens are
very tight, I'll leave well alone I think.

It looks like lens separation actually.  (Forget that note for in case I ever
sell
this lens :-))   )

Brian