[OM] Re: Le*ca and B&W

Subject: [OM] Re: Le*ca and B&W
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 22:43:04 -0700
Well for one thing, the OM 50 f 1.8 has horrid Bokeh, while Leica lenses are
usually better in that regard.  The Leica 50mm f2 Summicron R is the only
Leica 50 that I have personally used and it's far superior to the Olympus
lens. I Like the OM-4T much better then the Leica R4 that I had.  I hated
the ergonomics of the R4 so much I sold it and bought another OM-4T but I
miss that Summicron.

Here's a photo taken with the OM 50mm f1.8, shot at aperture of f4.
http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/fine_art/portfolio/marys-bar/photopages/marys-
bar15.htm  See how harsh the out of focus areas are?

Here's one with the Summicron, shot I think at f4 or 5.6.
http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/fine_art/portfolio/grandpa/photopages/dog1.htm
Look at the out of focus area outside the window, see how smooth it all is?

Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography of Indiana and New Mexico
Santa Fe, NM

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com