[OM] Re: OT: The Kodachrome Project

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: The Kodachrome Project
From: Doug Smith <dhsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 07:54:15 -0500
On Wed February 7 2007 6:39 am, ScottGee1 wrote:
> It *is* all relative.  When he died, Garry Winogrand left behind
> 300,000 unedited images, as well as more than 2,500 _undeveloped_
> rolls of film.

        Very true. I remember reading a reply to a question that was asked in
one of
the photo magazines why they didn't publish frequency of repair information.
The magazines reply was that without also knowing how and how much a camera
was used it was not particularly useful information. They recount a story of
a serviceman that had a hasselblad  show up twice in a 9 month period for
service after asking a few question he found out that they were putting 600
rolls of film a day thru it. If it's a true story or an urban legend I don't
know, but it does illustrate the extremes of usage out there.

        Maybe that would be an interesting survey on the list. Just how many
film/
photos we each take in a month. Last year I think I shot one roll because
work turned completely to cr*p This year I expect to average about 2 rolls
per month.