[OM] Re: OT Photos

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Photos
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 11:55:25 -0800
Tom Fenwick wrote:
> Hey, thanks for having a look.
>
> Whether they actually made kievs there  I'm not sure.  I certainly
> walked too far to carry one!
>
> There was a restaurant called "chiken kiev" but I didn't indulge.
>
> The monuments are at The Museum of the Great Patriotic War, as are the
> flowery tanks.  I had fun there; I like monuments.  I do like the high
> drama interpretations - particularly what you've done with 7007 where
> while the highlights are a bit hot for my taste somehow the attitudes
> and postures of the statues are much more striking.  Even the
> m(o)ustache.

That one was fun. I wanted to do two sort of opposed things, bring up
some shadow detail in the arm, sword and cape of the tall statue and in
the two close figures while making the whole thing over the top
dramatic. The 'hot' highlights are part of the over the top idea. Could
be toned down a bit, If one liked.

Moose