[OM] Re: Olympus Telephoto Shoot-Out!

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Telephoto Shoot-Out!
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:00:32 -0800
> From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
>
> I think the difference, and the problem with the OM, is the stop-
> down mechanism. In a Pentax, it's just a straight-ahead push, while
> with an Oly, it's a sideways, semi-circular motion, which I think
> induces more body movement than a simple straight forward poke.
> While each may cause the same amount of movement, a tiny bit of
> rotation is going to fuzzy things up way more than a tiny bit
> straight on.

But surely the "straight-ahead push" must be translated to rotational
motion at some point to operate the diaphragm?

I guess translating it at the last possible point would cause less
mass to move rotationally.

:::: Evolution can go to hell as far as I am concerned. What a
mistake we are. We have mortally wounded this sweet life-supporting
planet... with a century of transportation whoopee. Our government is
conducting a war against drugs, is it? Let them go after petroleum.
Talk about a destructive high! -- Kurt Vonnegut ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::