[OM] Re: Olympus Telephoto Shoot-Out!

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus Telephoto Shoot-Out!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:51:37 -0800
Jan Steinman wrote:
> Lenses tested:
> •Soligor 180mm ƒ3.5 T-mount
> •Zuiko 180mm ƒ2.8
> •Tamron 300mm ƒ2.8
> •Zuiko 300mm ƒ4.5
> •Vivitar 500mm ƒ8 macro mirror
> •Zuiko 500mm ƒ8 Reflex
> •Zuiko 600mm ƒ6.5
> •Bausch & Lomb 800mm ƒ10 mirror
> •Celestron C90 1000mm ƒ11 mirror
> •Olympus 1.4X-A teleconverter
> •Olympus 2X-A teleconverter
>
>       http://www.bytesmiths.com/OM_Tele

An interesting project, thanks!

Having done some shots of Red Tails nesting across the street, I became
aware of considerable motion of the tree itself which limited how sharp
an image I could get considerably. Even when there was no apparent wind
down on the ground, the tree was moving. I attempted to get shots when
there were lulls in tree motion combined with static poses of the nest
occupants, but the action shots were more interesting. Shots taken with
the same lens at the same time would have varying degrees of sharpness.

Might this have been a factor in your shots?

Moose
> :::: Some call it vision; some call it temporal lobe epilepsy. ::::

What do you think? :-)