[OM] Re: WTB: Zuiko 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5 zoom

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB: Zuiko 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5 zoom
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 03:09:39 -0800
Bart Wientjes wrote:
> Ian,
>
> The one zoom I often use is the 35/70 3.5/4.5. When small and light is
> your objective, this is the ultimate. Hardly any bigger or heavier
> than a 50/1.4, It even fits in an eveready case!
> It usually is available for attractive prices. I know of a seller here
> in The Netherlands that has one 'like new in box' for 35 euros (about
> 50 bucks).
>
> When you are  mainly attracted by not needing to change lenses, I'd
> opt for one with a somewhat longer reach, either a Zuiko or one of the
> 3rd party ones. My ideal lens would be 28 to 85, but I wouldn't know
> where to look for one.

Got one sitting right here. Tokina RMC 28-85/4, same model as tested by
Gary. One of the very few zooms where the front element draws back into
the body as the focal length gets longer, like the Zuiko 35-70/3.6, so
the generic rubber WA hood does a good job over most of the range.
> Just my two cents.

Well, it isn't that cheap, but if you are interested, drop me a line off
list.

Moose