[OM] Re: 24/2.8 stop-down fix?

Subject: [OM] Re: 24/2.8 stop-down fix?
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 08:53:44 -0500
With the rear mount off, you can flick the lever inside the lens and the
diaphragm still does not stops down?  If so, I think you'll have to go
through the front of the lens.  Unscrew name ring, remove filter ring.
Unscrew lens barrel.  If there are more than one set of spanner slots
visible, use the outermost set.  You want to remove the entire front
lens assembly.   There is a large ring inside that turns as the
diaphragm ring is turned.  This ring has a cam surface on it.  Under
this cam there is a pin riding in a slotted lever.  There should be
another lever with a small hole engaged with that pin. (it may have
popped off).

You may have to remove the cammed ring to get at these levers.  If so,
remove diaphragm ring, remove 2 screw on cam and remove L shaped lever.
Lift ring up.   Hope this helps.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon dot net