[OM] Re: Adaptoll mount question

Subject: [OM] Re: Adaptoll mount question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 02:08:57 -0800
Piers Hemy wrote:
> Genuine Tamron mounts for EOS are indeed rare as hen teeth, but aftermarket
> Adaptall - EOS adapters are available on the auction site. I have a couple,
> they do the job.  Look for seller roxsen.

Or OM Adaptall2 and OM=>EOS adapter. for those of us with many Adaptall2
OM adapters on their Tamrons, this is the easiest, most straightforward
solution.

Or Adaptall2 M42 mount and M42=> EOS adapter. The adapter must be the
kind with a little 'shelf' at the back end to press the stop down pin.
And it may be necessary to insulate the back of the adapter with tape.

The China solution didn't exist when I needed it. Still, for me, leaving
the OM Adaptall2s untouched on the lenses is still the best solution.
Mounting and unmounting Adaptall2s  in the field is fussy.

Moose