[OM] Re: Making moonshine music

Subject: [OM] Re: Making moonshine music
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 15:57:38 +0930
On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 12:18:07AM +0000, Walt Wayman wrote:
> One of my favorites. The whole "Copperhead Road" album is good, too.
>
> Copperhead Road
> (Steve Earle)
> Well, my name's John Lee Pettimore

All of the local live bands that play at my local watering hole used to
do that song, always gets them up & dancing... Haven't heard anyone play
it in a while, though.

That's one of my two favourite country songs, the other is 'Devil Went
Down to Georgia' (Charlie Daniels Band). I'm not a big fan of 'both
kinds of music' though - too much immersion as a kid, I think it's the
steel guitars! (thanks, Dad).  That said, I recently bought Gretchen
Wilson's 'Here for the Party' because a local C&W band did a few of her
songs, C&W has veered a long way towards rock!

davidt