[OM] Re: Cold Weather Shooting

Subject: [OM] Re: Cold Weather Shooting
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 17:04:49 +1000
I suddenly remembered that I use to have a device like that - a
simple power pack based on AA's that I used with a Leica Digilux 1.
Of course it worked because you charged the battery in the camera and
there was a DC input - it also took a lot of cells. It was made by
Andrew Nemeng in Sydney, a well known Leica nut with a good web
presence. He'd probably be interested in talking about such an idea.
If i was shooting in polar conditions I'd be looking to set myself up
with a good compact like a Canon G7 or Oly 8080 in an underwater
housing for protection and easy use with heavy gloves and some sort
of external power pack arrangement.
Of course if I ever got the urge to go shoot penguins on ice I'd
probably smack myself in the head, take a stiff drink and come to my
senses first.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx