[OM] Re: Loving Video Now dialects

Subject: [OM] Re: Loving Video Now dialects
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 23:58:53 -0400
On 4/6/07, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It is called the mid Atlantic accent, common with people who move
> between the two countries frequently, like actors. But I don't know
> where Cleese is from. He could sound like the people he grew up and
> went to school with.

Cleese was born in Somerset, attended Clifton College in Bristol from
which he was expelled because of a prank involving a statue, painted
footsteps and a toilet.

BTW, his family name is alleged to have been Cheese until his father
changed it to Cleese upon being inducted into the army during WW1.

ScottGee1