[OM] Re: Low cost, high value compact?

Subject: [OM] Re: Low cost, high value compact?
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:08:27 -0400
On 4/7/07, C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I owned the CP5000 some years ago, it is the poorest compact DC I have used.
>
> - Poor flash control, over expose in close distance. Finger easy cover flash
> sensor and the image will be seriously under exposed.
> - Poor shadow details, you can never pull up the shadow details in under
> exposed image, while others at least get 1-2 stops.
> - Contrast setting was not working as used to be, adjust the contrast just
> gave you brighter/darker image.
> - RAW conversion gives zero improvement in getting the shadow and highlight
> details
> - Poor battery performance.
> - Lowest resolution amount major 5M DC at that time.
>
> I purchased it because it was N*kon's flagship compact DC and the 28mm
> wide angle but just totally disappointed.

Yeah, well OK, that stuff too . . .

When the CP5000 was current there was a forum guru who tamed it and
maintained a Website showing his work.  It was quite impressive but
reports of problems kept surfacing.  C.H.'s list is probably pretty
complete.

And now we return you to your OM forum which is already in progress . . .

ScottGee1