[OM] Websiting - was Stolen images for sale on eBay

Subject: [OM] Websiting - was Stolen images for sale on eBay
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 18:16:32 +1000
Well - pbase costs me $24 a year and unlike Slackr it allows me to
play games with pages so that I can use it as a de facto basic web
site. My earlier attempts to nut out Pagemill and Dreamweaver left me
in a corner, foetal positon and gibbering so this does me. The fact
that it will accept html which I can cheerfully nick from elsewhere
and will allow me to set up text only pages so long as I key them
with a jpeg or gif thumbnail as a button works well for me. I create
a page using a simple database page and I can test it instantly. I
could prolly force it to do more but I can't be bloody bothered to
learn the stuff.
My ISP would host me a site for free but frankly I wouldn't trust the
average ISP to host a stray cat overnight. They don't seem to employ
many humans. Pbase has been reliable, reasonably cheap and they keep
bumping up my capacity at no extra charge. I can add a couple of
pages in a quite evening if I so wish. I don't need any more,
especially throbbers, daft animations and all the other bandwidth
consuming movement and colour crap I see these days.
Don't tell me to go learn a decent program as I already know that  -
my brane's full and I don't want to shift too much old stuff out at
present. Anyway, I'm saving what little remaining neural connectivity
I have left for learning some Wittgenstein and Rawls rather than
'this way up' programming.

Ricoh GX100 this week with the tiny TV monitor and the 19mm
converter. Lotsa fun for street shooting.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx