[OM] Re: Great New Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted

Subject: [OM] Re: Great New Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 07:07:07 +0100
John Hudson wrote:

> The Head is on my travel plan list. My mother was born at Watten which
is
> mid way between Wick and Thurso and about 15 miles south of the Head.

It's an amazing part of the country. Barren and beautiful. And the
beaches are simply amazing -- but unless you're a masochist it's simply
too cold to sunbathe (sun, what sun?) or swim up there at any time of
the year.

We used to live in Strath Halladale which is the first strath into
Sutherland, directly west of Watten. My parents now have a holiday croft
cottage up there in the same strath.

All being well, I'm off on a trip up there in 10 days in a 1955 Riley
Pathfinder. Not really sure we'll get there, though, given recent
experiences.

Simon