[OM] TTL flash automation

Subject: [OM] TTL flash automation
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 17:46:33 -0400
Will Crockett of smartshooter.com recently produced a DVD on how to use
(and when not to use) TTL flash.  I haven't bought the DVD but Will
recently sent around one of his "Smarticles" with some notes from the
TTL DVD.  I think you'll all find it interesting if you have a TTL flash
for any camera or even use, for example, a T-32 or similar era flash in
normal auto mode on the film or digi body of your choice.

This is the link <http://www.shootsmarter.com/infocenter/wc052.html>
If you don't already subscribe to Will's Smarticles you may have to sign
up to see this.  What you do is give up your email address so they can
send you a notice of the next Smarticle or two or three plus a bunch of
marketing blurbs about Will's training DVD's, on-site training in the
Chicago studio and seminars given in major cities throughout the
country.  As far as I can tell they don't give out your email address
and what you get back in hints, tips and technique is well worth it.
Incidentally, attending one of Will's all-day seminars at a cost of
about (I think) $80 is an excellent deal.  I attended one in Boston a
year or two ago which is how I came to know about him.  But fair
warning.  Will is a wedding and portrait photographer.  He'll teach you
how to take good shots of people.  He won't teach you landscape or
architectural photography.  Recommended.

Chuck Norcutt
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/>