[OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coins

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coins in jar . . .
From: "Tom Scales" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 19:20:51 -0400
The D40 is limited, primarily because it is only 6mp.  The D40x, though, at
10mp is the bargain of the century.  That camera is responsible for Nikon's
growth.

It does have a major limitation in that it will ONLY work with the newest DX
lenses.   The D80, on the other hand, will work with a much broader array of
lenses.  That's why I bought the D80, but for darn near everyone, the D40x
is just fine.

I carry the D80 more than the D2X just because of sheer size and weight.

Tom