[OM] Re: Medium Format

Subject: [OM] Re: Medium Format
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:35:12 EDT
Christos, My first impression was that of, "Why 645 if you want to go  medium
format."  The main benefit of the larger format for most  folks is the larger
negative.  The 645 is larger, but is essentially  the first step up the food
chain from 35mm.

A couple I might look at would be the Pentax 6X7 and Fuji 6X9 models. Both
are pretty large cameras, producing nice size negatives.

If you are really just wanting to get your toe in the water, you might look
at either a Voigtlander RF (if you are mainly doing B&W) or  a Voigtlander
Bessa II.  The first should be available for under $200  and the II might set
you
back $500 or so, depending on which lens you  bought.

Pricing being where it is today, you might also keep an eye out for a
Hasselblad.  Bill Barber