[OM] Re: Question about FS postings

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about FS postings
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:55:53 -0400
If there are any real rules I think they are lost in the distant past.
Some of us (me at least) object to postings of pointers to ebay listings
unless the item is extremely rare.  If I want to buy a 50mm/1.8 on ebay
I'm quite sure I can find one.  Beyond that I think it's reasonable to
list what you've got for sale (with prices, not an auction please)
assuming that it's OM related gear or mostly OM related gear or, if not,
that you're just posting something occasionally and not setting up a
used camera shop here.  It's not at all uncommon for someone to post a
long list of items (with prices) and say "available for the next week
and then it goes to ebay".  It's also not uncommon for the second list
to come back a week later saying here's what's left and with possibly
reduced prices.

There is also a yahoo group called OM-Trader which is specifically for
buying and selling OM gear.  I think most people here probably belong to
that list as well but not everyone so you may want to consider posting
in both places.

Chuck Norcutt