[OM] Re: iStock

Subject: [OM] Re: iStock
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:54:27 +1000
Still doesn't answer the questio I asked about whether any
distinction is made between hispanics of European descent and Central/
South Americans of more indigenous descent who would be better served
by that catch all term of Native American. And that term is accurate,
regardless of tribal difference surely?
The term native would be considered offensive by indigenes here -
English colonial pejorative term. They prefer Koorie in the South
West despite differences that involved continuous warfare before
European settlement.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx