[OM] Re: question on web search engines

Subject: [OM] Re: question on web search engines
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 19:39:32 -0700
> From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> The page on the site is just HTML, and the Image Title is just text
> on that page.  I have changed the Image Title on the page but I can
> do a google search for the page by the previous image title and it
> gives me the link to the same page as always, the page is displayed
> with the new image title.  This has nothing to do with caching of
> pages, just that the google indexes aren't updated very quickly
> (especially when something goes away, adding something new seems to
> be picked up with a few days).

It may be that you still have the old text hiding on your page
somewhere. Do "View --> Source" (or whatever equivalent your browser
has to look at HTML of a page), then search for the old image title.
It could be hiding it the keywords ("<meta keywords=...>") or it could
be in the "name" attribute of a link or something. This can easily
happen if you use a different tool to change it than you did to create
it -- although I've seen many web page tools leave lots of cruft around.

Care to let us know what page it is, so we can take a peek?

:::: He who possesses art and science has religion; he who does not
possess them, needs religion. -- Göthe ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::