[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:28:22 -0500

> And weight does matter to some folks. When I am climbing, backpacking,
> or cycle touring it matters a lot - in fact I still carry film cameras
> (OM or XA) in many cases because of the weight savings.

Jim,

There ARE special situations where the least possible weight is most
desirable. On her safaris, my wife is limited to about 25 pounds of stuff.
That's everything, clothes, medicines, toiletries, cameras, etc. For three
weeks. In that case, the lightest possible camera is important, although
some of the others that took Rebels learned the advantage of dust seals, as
their cameras failed quickly.

In any situation, though, a heavier camera can be hand-held at a slower
speed that a lighter one. You trade those stops off for another advantage.

Bill Pearce