[OM] Re: - E510 on dpreview.com

Subject: [OM] Re: - E510 on dpreview.com
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 21:22:08 -0500
You shouldn't use DP reviews commentary as a deciding factor in buying.
Phil Askey puts huge inconsistencies in his testing & opinions despite
all the technical scientific sounding results. Some cameras are tested
at defaults, some at his decided "optimum" settings, and the 2 are
compared (as if even 2 cameras at default settings are comparable).
Resolution tests using lenses with varying fields of curvature, and
other properties, - some the worst of their type, some the best, etc.

That along with time spent with the camera, or lack of it; understanding
the operation of features and their intended use varying per camera with
his familiarity - and then the final gospel "conclusion" makes the whole
nice and complete looking thing very misleading.

Judge by your own hands on + testing.

Larry