[OM] Re: Anyone ever seen one of these?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone ever seen one of these?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 06:35:22 -0700
Chris Crawford wrote:
> No, I haven't. Looks interesting but OM's are not battery hogs.

I don't think that's the point of this battery pack.  OMs may not be
battery hogs, but up here in Deep Deep Winter country, OM batteries have
been known to pack it in after an hour or so outside (Hell, I had a set
pack it in once at +5 Celsius during a wedding on a mountaintop at
Whistler back in '99).  With a pack like this and a set of high-output
AAs, even if the batteries lost 95% of their power, you'd still have
more than enough oooooomph to take the shot.

Wish I'd known such a solution existed many years ago.  Now all I have
to worry about is the batteries on the digis packing it in...

Garth