[OM] Re: Cleaning advise (was New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon

Subject: [OM] Re: Cleaning advise (was New digital film for Zuikos---Canyon
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 20:47:14 -0000
I don't recall any earlier controversy, Jan, but to be picky, I don't think
ethanol is an antidote.  Rather, any ethanol present is preferentially
oxidised by the same enzyme which oxidises methanol to produce the toxins.
With the ethanol you just get a headache. Without the ethanol, you get the
toxins - but you can't then administer ethanol as an antidote.

Now we can progress to discuss our preferred ethanols...

:-)

--
Piers