[OM] Re: [photo] Pont Alexandre III

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] Pont Alexandre III
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:50:10 +0800
I have no idea how to improve a shot like that but I can share some
experience in using long lens at low light. I managed to take sharp shot
with 200/4 at 1/15s with the camera and lens rest on the camera bag, hold
the camera with hand and use finger to release the shutter, sand bag is the
proper tool if you can use one. If you have a tripod (even a small one) you
can try to stop down the lens until the shutter speed is over 4 seconds it
can reduce the vibration effect as the vibration may only last for 1/10
second or less.

Nik*n 4000ED is a good scanner with accurate color, I seldom use USM, the
results are always sharp if the original shot was good.

C.H.Ling