[OM] Re: Scanning Query for you

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanning Query for you
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 20:18:52 -0800
> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> If the smaller files are 22.2 MB and all are the same size then the
> difference is caused by 8 bit vs 16 bit.  But, if the smaller files
> are
> of varying sizes then the difference is caused by compression.

Gotcha. I was reading too quick, and hadn't noticed that the "file
size is around 18-20 MB." That's a dead giveaway that it's
compression, not bit depth, causing the difference.

:::: The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably
the day they start making vacuum cleaners. -- Ernst Jan Plugge
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/98-4882-15>