[OM] Re: [OT] gmail problem

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] gmail problem
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 18:01:14 -0800
I'll second that notion. IE7 has been so much trouble we've banned it at
work. That's over 500 machines that aren't getting it. Seems MS must
know it's a problem, also, as there's even a MS-provided means to remove
it and fall back to IE6 if one checks the "Add/Remove Programs" section
of the control panel. One can pretty safely ignore all the dire warnings
about things that "may not work properly after uninstalling IE7".

After removing IE7, make a trip to the MS Update site and mark IE7 to
never be offered again, or you may get it right back "on automatic"...
And then check for missed--and much more needed--updates that seem to
often get masked by IE7 installation. We've found as many as a dozen, on
occasion.

---
Scott Gomez

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 17:22 +0000, Chris Barker wrote:
> That's good.  The other advice stands though, Jez: bin IE and use
> something like Firefox which is more likely to work with any given
> website than IE.
>
> Chris
> On 15 Jan 2008, at 15:52, Jez Cunningham wrote:
>
> > Thanks Chris - it was my first thought so I checked (and had to
> > update my
> > java plugin) but it turned out to be simple cookies (or cache) - I
> > just
> > cleared both and it worked ok again.
> > cheers
> > jez