[OM] Re: Eagle Days - Zone-10 Style

Subject: [OM] Re: Eagle Days - Zone-10 Style
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:48:32 -0400

> Anyway, I'd like to get with our Iowa City area list-members in the
> next couple of weeks to go chase the eagles over at Iowa City.  Joel?
> Tom?  You guys game?  Anybody else?
>
> AG

One of the men in our church runs a salmon composting business, which takes
care of all the salmon that die in the many salmon cages along the edge of
the bay here. Anyways, as you might imagine, it attracts bears and birds -
gulls, ravens, etc., and yes eagles. The most eagles he has counted there at
one time is about 45. It is only about ten minutes drive from my house, and
I've gone there a few times to shoot some (no not that kind of shoot, but
with a camera), but I really don't have the right equipment for that kind of
photography. About the most eagles I've seen gathered at one time is maybe
20 or so.

These are just crops, no resizing, so you get the idea of how small they are
in the picture.
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/1485763#245461815
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/1485763#245461818

Wayne