[OM] How does he do that?

Subject: [OM] How does he do that?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:25:00 -0800
I frequently don't like Mike Johnston's choice for his Random
Excellence series his blog, but I really like the one this morning.
Rare to see a site with such an interesting range of photos done with
some skill and artistry. Tom Kasquba from Connecticut. Canon 5D if
that matters. It is here:

his web gallery

Which gets to my question. In some of his images of people he manages
to almost get a Norman Rockwell look to them. How does he do that?
Here is a good example:

ww.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2070921628&size=o

Any ideas?

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA