[OM] Lightroom vs lightzone vs ... summary

Subject: [OM] Lightroom vs lightzone vs ... summary
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Feb 2008 17:52:26 -0000
Thanks for the responses. I think this is a correct summary:

Lightzone and PS are image editors (not sure which is better) but Lightzone is
a lot cheaper. From what I've read (not used) lightzone is the clear winner -
esp with regards to price and a lot of folks like the feature set.
--
IrfanView is a nifty image viewer esp useful for making dvd for the parents.
--
PTlens is a perspective corrector (my concern is with the 12-60@12 and I'm sure
they will support that soon).
--
Now for the big topic:
Lightroom, capture 1v4, oly master and picasa 2 are raw developers/library
manager.
--
Oly mater is probably the best raw developer but not much of a library manager
--

Btw  C.Ling what did you have to do to match colour ?

Thanks!