[OM] Re: beyond the E3

Subject: [OM] Re: beyond the E3
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:02:50 +0800
New model codenamed E-A1 (final marketing name likely to be different) has
an OPL slated for early November and to be on your retail outlet's shelves
by June-July 2009. Final prototypes will be available around
November/December this year. Believe me, it is a very nice camera and I have
already placed an order for one.

E-4 currently under development already. E-5 in planning stages.

K.

2008/10/31 Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > In the ordinary world of serious amateurs and pro photograhers, the
> > likes of
> > which populate this OM list, is there likely to be an upper limit
> > beyond
> > which the mega pixel capture of digital cameras will cease to have any
> > relevance?
>
> Wrong question. Does it do what *you* want it to do?
>
> Despite all the chest-thumping by all the film lovers here, I'm pretty
> darned thrilled with my E-3. I don't need more pixels and don't want
> more features. (Although a small, light, fixed-focal-length ZD 7mm
> f2.8 would be sweet... :-)
>
> About the only thing I'd be willing to pay for now would be all the
> E-3 capabilities in an E-410 package.
>
> But to get back to the wrong question, as I recall, the resolving
> power of Velvia is about the equivalent of 12-16 megapixels. For me,
> the E-3 is close enough.
>
> :::: The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably
> the day they start making vacuum cleaners. -- Ernst Jan Plugge
> :::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/98-4882-15>

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Khen Lim - Zone-10 LLC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA

"To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards of people" - Emily
Cox
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt
Disney